View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 04:48 PM
alacrity024

whoops

svx_commuter-

i HAD noticed the cam shape on the top bolt. i figured it was just to keep the bolt from turning once it was in place. whoops.

i wish you'd written sooner, you could've saved me a LOT of trouble. nonetheless, i appreciate your reply. as for those two bolts on the lower arm, it really didn't look like they were at all crooked. i'm going to go home again tomorrow and give it another shot. are you POSITIVE that they should come right out? they just keep bumping into the bottom of the hub..

also, is it necessary to remove the steering knuckle thingy? it seems like if i'm not going to remove those two cam-bolts, the steering arm will need to be disconnected to allow the hub to move out of the way of the axle.

here's something i just thought of.. i have the car supported on a jackstand. that jackstand is underneath the A-Frame into which those three bolts thread. the stand is toward the back, as to not compress the arm too much, but do you think that might have something to do with my inability to remove those two front bolts?

jesus.. i have more trouble as a result of my inability to communicate in proper terms.. oh well..

let me know what your thoughts are, and thanks SO much for the replies

-adam