View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Re: 4.44 Swap Finished; Complete with horrible problematic sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
Which torque converter and input shaft did you use? I noticed in your picture of the outback converter that it is the larger converter like the SVX converter with 2" lugs. I've never had one in my hands but I think I remember seeing in the torque converter catalog that there is a converter like that with a different # of splines on the turbine and input shaft.

Maybe if it turns out the groove on the outside of the converter case was pre-existing consider the possibility that the input shaft doesn't match the turbine in the converter and is pushing the turbine into the stator destroying the converter and making a grinding noise with the engine running but the case/impeller is properly engaged in the pump rotor so that the case turns smoothly when you turn it by hand?

I'm not saying that's it..I'm just throwing it out there because I remember something about there being a converter that looks like the SVX converter with the larger diameter and larger lugs that uses a different input shaft.
I used the SVX torque converter. And I used the SVX input shaft.