View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:40 PM

eg33 misfiring and sputtering at random times (have video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQZQZfkRPBQ

Ran fine for first few weeks. Then it would randomly lose power while driving or just sitting at a red light. When I press the gas pedal, the RPMs will drop, when I let off, the RPMs will surge up (in a tapping the pedal type manner).

If I hold the pedal down, it has troubles trying to rev and sounds as if it's misfiring or not getting fuel.

This happens intermittently and randomly (cold engine or warm engine). No CELs. It's happening more commonly over the past week. I was only finally able to get a video of it because it did it in the driveway today without even having to drive it.

It won't stall unless I let it idle for a few seconds. Has no problem starting, it will start every time. But most of the time I can still fire it up and drive to work with no problem.

When it happens when I'm driving, it only last a few seconds usually and then goes away and I'm able to drive home like nothing happend. Sometimes, it won't go away and I have to turn my car off for a few moments.

-new spark plugs
-cleaned MAF, didn't work. Opened it up to check solder points, they were fine.
-EGR works perfectly.
-New fuel pump.
-cleaned dirt off of Crank sensors and Cam sensor
-Grounds are good and connected, even did the extra grounding mod.
-I've tried wiggling wires to death to see if something is loose, to no avail.

It's hard to check voltage range for the sensors when the car is running like this because it won't idle by itself for very long and I usually have no one around me to keep it going while I try. When the car is running fine, everything is in spec.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.