View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:21 AM

Registered SVX
new svx owner, have a few questions

Well I recently joined the SVX world. And I love it so far. Great car, fun to drive but some things definitely need to be done on it. Some of my questions I'm sure there are writeups around on the web, but I'd rather get responses from people who have personally done it and have good results with it.

1. Open Air intake - K&N cone filter? If so does someone have a part number and tips on whether to leave the air filter in the engine bay, or mount it sticking into the fender where the air box plumbing sits behind the bumper? And what was used to mount the filter to the MAF assembly? On the Loyales we would use two MAF sensors bolted back to back since they have the other end that filter fit perfectly over.

2. Exhaust system setup? I will be replacing my cats with new cats because I have access to a welding shop and cheap cats, but from there on back what size of exhaust are you guys running? I was leaning towards 2.5 inch from the cats back but having it go back into a single pipe and then splitting back out to duals at the bumper (muffler removed of course) the going back to single pipe for a bit to for scavenging effect.

3. Aftermarket Cams? I'm wanting low end cams, order Delta cams? or does someone have another supplier thats decent?

This will get me started, I'm sure I'll have more questions down the line.

Thanks guys I appreciate any answers