View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Scott
Car not running again...a whole new problem...

My frustration is growing. The SVX is still giving me headaches, back to back to back. I'm almost to the point that I want to try and sell it again, to somebody with more patience for it.

In THIS thread, I documented my beginning to fix the car. The fuel pump had died, and once replaced, the car drove wonderfully for about a day. Then it died again. I replaced the fuel filter and FPR since that was the next logical step. Now, the fuel isn't getting out of the tank again. I can hear the "whirrr" of the fuel pump working, but nothing is coming out.

Tossing ideas around in my head, and shooting e-mails back and forth between a few friends, and I have a couple of ideas.

When I replaced the fuel pump, I didn't drain all the old gas out of the tank. The indicator was at less than 1/4 tank. Also, I reused the old bag-style pickup from the old fuel pump. I'm assuming that perhaps the combination of old gas sitting for 4 months with a 15-year old pickup perhaps caused a clog.

I'm just trying to confirm that this is the most likely culprit. After I got it running, I filled the car up with fresh gas, so it's now sitting with a full tank, and I don't want to have to siphon and dispose of an entire tank of gas if possible. It's messy, hazardous, and an overall pain in the butt. So I guess I need some guidance before I just decide to straight up dispose of the car or part it out.

Sold: 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L - Pearl White/Black