View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi Dave

Thanks for the heads-up

Lazer seems to have got the Legacy box moving over the weekend*. Using most Legacy boxes will be a problem for a Euro SVX. The vast majority of them are the US "rear assist" type, they have a different case than the SVX. They also have a different speed sensor, so they can't "talk" to the ECU/TCU brains of the outfit.

The only Legacy box that is a straight bolt-in solution is the trans from the JDM Legacy twin turbo, it's got the same internals and clutches, although with 4.11 final drive.

Even that one uses the US/JDM style speed sensor on the front diff, rather than internally as in the Euro one, and this implies the TCU will be different, so another electronic hurdle to jump.

Actually it's a pity he did not ask here first. I found him a UK transmission today, but he has not replied to my PM.

Joe

*PS, because of the TCU compatability problem, it would not surprise me if the Legacy box he has installed will only work in "dumb" mode. I mean changing up at preset levels, rather than using the signal inputs to decide gears etc.
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl