Thread: Tranny Flush
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 04:39 PM

Lightbulb tubor man & tranny flush

Hey Tubo SVX
Sounds like you've been one lucky SVx member.

Flushing is a good idea that it removes all fluid. Yet many members have flushed their trannies and had it roll over dead a few weeks later. I'm not going to get into wether it did or does not kill trannies...
I feel if you flush the tranny, bypass your 2nd filter and Cooler. Flush the cooler serperatly. I know it's a pain in the ass but what else you expect !!! After you flush, Clean out the internal screen.. It would mean dropping the pan and all. Sounds like a bit of back tracking... Well if you have an older 92 tranny, I'm more then willing to bet there is a fairshare of trash, dirt, & varnish in the tranny just waiting to be let loose. If you have the original radiator from 92.. By pass the radiator or replace it.

I can say all of this because hide sight is better then20/20..

Also check into the back ground of your SVX... Ask for a copy of the dealers records and If ya ask Suby Qa real nice he might could help with finding some MORE history of your SVX.. Find out it's history before going hogwild. remember the 92's had some flaws in the radiator that effected the Tranny. I"m just going to guess YOur tranny may have been replaced. But don't quote me.
I'm not a resident meachanic or anything. just what I"ve learned from being an owner. If your tranny has never been replaced. Then it should go down on Record. !

Best of luck.
SVX1999