View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 08:29 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
The pulley basically runs all your accessories off the crankshaft of the engine. The stock one weighs about 4 pounds and has a rubber insert to dampen vibration, and in my case, the rubber insert was coming apart, causing the pulley to wobble, thus putting undue strain on the crank bearings. The replacement one weighs 1.2 pounds, thus reducing rotating mass on the crankshaft. This allows for faster revving.

The PWR rad is a little larger than stock, and it could pose clearance issues. I think I got it to fit so the hood closes now, but I had to reuse the old cap. I will re-try the new cap soon and post my findings. Also, the upper mounting pins are a few mm wider than the stock rad, so the rad upper struts were tough to get in, but it does fit.

The rad is only 2 years old, an OE replacement for the one that blew a month after I got the car. It is going into my other SVX to replace the rad in it that blew a month after I got the car. Sheesh. Bad luck with rads, or what!
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*

Last edited by Nemesis Destiny; 05-10-2006 at 08:31 PM.