Thread: Any offers
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Blackbir2001

Any offers

I am sorry to say that my 1992 Japanese import has died on me. It was suffering from a loss of power which I had attributed to the plugs needing to be changed. So, I booked it in for a service and to have the cambelt changed as it has now done 115,000 miles. The service was done. However there was no change to the performance. Looking further into the problem the garage noticed that the pulley driving the ancillaries was wobbling. They dug deeper and found that the Woodruff key holding both the cambelt drive pulley and the ancillary drive pulley was worn away and had chewed away at the keyway in the crankshaft as well. Hence the timing was very variable and hence the loss in power. Anyway, the bottom line is that the car no longer goes and is beyond economical repair, as it makes no sense to pull the engine out to replace the crankshaft. Is anyone interested in taking it off my hand for spares or to repair it themselves? No reasonable offer refused. Apart from the lack of power, the car was behaving well, and has just had a major service!