View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 11:02 AM
John19688

Unhappy My SVX sold; SubaruSVX.com lives

It was the last straw...I rolled up my window and CRACK!!! something broke. The window no longer worked.

I thought about my SVX. The fact that my AC ran cool only 80% of the time, the car needed a paint job, I was running with the original transmission with 120,000 miles on the odometer, and now a broken driver-side front window. To get the car fixed to dependable and presentable standards would cost at least twice as much as the car was worth

So I bought a new car and sold my SVX to the mechanic who has worked on it all these years. The new car is a blue 2005 WRX wagon. I keep telling myself I like it better than my SVX..."it's faster, roomier, more practical, gets better gas mileage, and all-wheel drive...I MUST like it better." I'm not 100% convinced though. I miss my SVX.

Anyway, I still am a big SVX fan. I still have the SubaruSVX.com website and quite a few of the SVX models left. I still have John Hoffman's SVX video that is not on the SVX DVD. I'll move over to my hard disk and put on the SVX DVD at some point.

So I'm still an SVX owner in spirit and I'll keep checking this forum from time to time. And maybe I'll buy another one in the future--an LSi this time!

PS: I have some SVX items for sale on eBay. Feel free to check them out.