Thread: Top Speed?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 05:46 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks Phil/Joe,

Because of your reference to dismantling the speedometer I thought a sensor might have been included within. My car is ex Japan and is all in KÕs which suits us down here. It would not be worthwhile to go to the extreme of a frequency divider.

I have had a lot of experience racing on the circuit where I hope to run the car and I would expect an absolute maximum of 190 KPH/118 MPH but the SVX could surprise me. If the limiter cuts in, no big deal as my main interest is to explore the absolute limits in regard to handling.

The reports re roll and under steer etc. do not add up as I have no complaints at all with my car. If it was in accordance with reports from the US guys I would not have purchased it and certainly would not continue to own it. Do I or we in fact have a different car ?

My only criticism is in respect of lack of steering feel. None of the mod maniacs rate this most important factor as worth a mention. I first thought that a quick rack was needed but have changed by mind on this. Currently I am wondering about replacing the steering column rubber shock absorber and the rack mounts with urethane components. There is an outfit here that can custom mould bushes etc. to order using the original as a pattern.

However I must admit that I am not as enthusiastic as I once was and no longer have the workshop facilities I had, having moved to a smaller property. This would be an interesting project. What do you guys think ?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!