Old 05-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Who has the lowest mileage SVX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Ewie** View Post
As per my earlier comment (didn't see your post Joe.. ) I think RHD vehicles had a different sequence.. shouldn't be too hard to figure out by looking at other RHD vehicles on the forum. I'm very confident of the manufacture date being June 1992.. there's a little blue metal tag riveted on the inside of the LH door frame, plus of got the full history of my car from the original owner and Subaru NZ. In short it was built Jun 92, came into NZ Feb/Mar 93 where it sat on "stock" and was sold/registered new in Feb 1994.

One of these days I'll scan all the docs and post them on here for posterity.
Ewie,

Ron [Need for Speed] is pursuing a very worthwhile exercise in determining which Applied Model Code relates to which cars in which markets.

Yours is interesting, it is listed as CXW AU 7E, which implies it is part of the same subset as the Australian market. { Hence your number sequence was different and correct }

In relation to this I have a question for you; you checked out the facts locally and told us that there were 34 SVXes sold into or registered in the NZ market from 92 to 97. Can you confirm that all these 34 cars were produced specifically for the AU/NZ market?

Or put the question another way, is there any possibility that included in the 34 you mention there may have been second hand Japanese cars imported to NZ during that time, and that these second hand imports are included in the number [34] that you say was registered in New Zealand?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 05-06-2010 at 05:47 AM.