Thread: New STi
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 01:08 AM

Registered SVX
Re: New STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
Yeah, your probably right. One of my brothers who owns a older WRX tells my you don't buy a WRX\STi for the looks, you buy one despite the looks.
I agree... I like the utility, purposeful, muscular look of the 2004-2006. I drove the STi pictured below for almost 5 years. Loved it... it is just pure raw brutal performance straight from the factory. They aren't pretty (like the SVX) but they are functional and mean looking.

I like the blistered front fenders... and the rear fender attachments so they could widen the wheels a half an inch in 2005. The upper rear vane spoiler above the rear window for the 2006 MY directed air to the top of the rear wing. It bought a second or so around the Nurburgring. Thats what these cars are all about... Evolution. Every year an improvement to get around the Ring faster than the previous year. Mistubishi does this as well with their Lancer Evo. This all makes sense in Subaru's slogan for the STi Type RA... "Keep Attacking the Nurburgring."

Of coarse under the skin is a collection of some of the best components Subaru makes! Form follows function to the extreme.