View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 01:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetburger
Im just thinking about that $3500 SVX. I dunno. Im wondering if another $2000 on a lower miler with moderately better care would be good preventive medicine.

I think I linked to that $8200 1996 with 120K on the odometer prior in the thread. One owner, all records, a mint julip supposedly. KBB is $6000.

Sometimes I get cold feet on a high miler thats had a ton of major service history. Granted service history can be a good thing or a bad thing. If Im determined to keep the car 5-6yrs though, maybe its worth it to pay a little more.

Im not going to rush into anything. I really think Id prefer a car in the 80-100K mile area thats been well kept with not a lot of stories.

The pcars are 944 turbo and an 88 911 turbo.

What % of trannys in all SVXs do you think have problems or have been replaced? 25% 40%? Any guess?

And how much of a better chance do I stand of finding an SVX with no engine/tranny issues later in the model run -- say 95-97? Does the risk go down substantially or just marginally? In other words, did Subaru really tackle the problem, or did they do token fixes that probably didnt help much?

Hi Chris,

Good to see you around here and you came to the right place where you can find and learn everything about SVX. Hope you recognised me. I hope you will find a gr8t SVX before ur lease ends and sorry for not selling my SVX, becos i cant see it goin away from me. Anyway thanks for showing interest in buyin my SVX. Keep lookin on the sale forum of this network. If you want to have a SVX supposedley without tranny problems, then as earl already mentioned go for one from 94, they r more probably not having tranny problems like tht of 92. But if you find a well maintained '92 then go for it.

Good luck on ur search... try on YAHOO network toooo..

-Pavan.

Last edited by pavanbabut; 05-03-2005 at 02:08 PM.