View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 11:49 PM

Smile Re: The belated Vancouver/Portland drive

Dear Earl,
No, but they really should have had one represented. Seriously, the SVX is and one day will be acknowledged by enthusiasts to be a truly exemplary automobile. I believe the original benchmarks were to meld Porsche engineering, Jaguar luxury and Japanese quality. I have no doubts that Subaru achieved these goals handedly. We all know this to be true; unfortunately, sometimes it takes awhile for the masses to catch on.
I guess this will be our little secret. Truthfully, if you can make it, you will be pleasantly surprised be this exhibit. This has been ongoing all summer with several different makes and countries being featured, but not a single mention of anything Japanese, I believe this to be a gross oversight not only on their part but also on many in the automotive community.
I am involved with the Alfa Romeo Owners of Oregon club and several key members have acknowledged their love of the SVX. From their desire to own one too just how cool they are. I take that as quite an accolade being they are so fanatical about their love of Alfas.
I hope you and everyone else can make it to this event. Too rub shoulders with likeminded enthusiasts and show off our treasures to others.
See ya soon, either way.
Mark