View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
Sisters SVX started acting up today

Well, my sister's 1992 LS-L started acting up today for the first time since we have owned it. She went out to start her car for the first time today at 7:00 PM and it wouldn't start. She only tried to start it the one time though before she came and asked me to look at it. I went out and started it my first try without hitting the gas or doing anything extra, but it started kinda rough. After about 5-10 seconds it started to run a little better, but the idle was up a little over 2k and the check engine light came on. I let the car run for about two more minutes then I shut it off to check a few things. I couldn't find anything that looked wrong or find anything disconnected and all fluids are good. After all that I started the car up again and it started normally, idled correctly, and there was no check engine light on anymore. It was running fine for about 2-3 minutes when the rpms start going back and forth from around 750/1000 all the way down to around 200/250. After about 8 times of back and forth the rpm decided to sit at around 200/250 and the car sounded like it was about to die. I finally just shut it off and figured I'd get a few other people's opinions on the situation. I should probably mention that the car has a brand new alternator, the battery checked out at 14.2v, and I replaced the CTS about a month ago. Any advice on things to check or what you think it might be would be appreciated. Thanks