View Single Post
Old 05-10-2001, 07:05 AM
Tired

Quote:
Originally posted by htyei
so what parts / tools did you need?

other than the cooler it self

planning my own cooler install

btw, that inline filter you put in the factory location, is it on the driver side lower part of the engine compartment waay under the battery?

what kind of filter is it? fuel, or atf filter?

the only filter i really know where it is is the oil filter
Hi Henry,

I bought my cooler and filter as a kit from Transmission Exchange Co. Check out this link:
http://www.teleport.com/~txchange/ptk.htm

I bought it over a year ago. It was only $42 bucks plus shipping. The cooler is made by Flex-A-Lite and the filter is made by Filtran. Both are reputable names. The kit comes with new hoses, clamps, Mounting strips (for the cooler) & additive for the transmission.

Yes, the inline filter is way under the battery. Raise your car, take off the plastic guard under the front of the car, and you should have easy access to your canister filter. I replaced the canister filter since it had been on my car since late 92. I figured it was pretty used. I mounted the inline filter in the same mounting bracket. The inline filter was smaller in diameter so I used some black high temp foam as padding to keep it secure. One thing also to keep in mind… When you mount your cooler try to keep it from being in direct contact with the condenser. I cut some small rubber spacers (1/8 inch).

1992 LSl (Black Mica)
1965 Mustang G.T. Fastback
1990 Mustang G.T. Convertible
1986 1/2 Nissan 4x4
2004 Vovlo XC70 (wife's)

Wonderful Wife
Wonderful Son
2 Cats

Incredibly blessed!