Thread: poll:age
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 12:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Sadly, I will be turning the big "Four Oh!" in 58 days. I still feel like a 20 something mentally and swing between 20 something and 60 something physically depending on the day. Aside from the gray hairs covering my chest I can pass for 30 or less (most guess 28 - shaving the head removes gray hair evidence ).

Had to work for my cars since I had my first one at 17 and have paid for everything myself. I think it is a sad statement on todays society where most (not all) 16 year olds feel it is their natural born entitlement to be handed a brand new car on their birthday. They will have little real appreciation of what they have unless they have to provide for themselves. I think it is my generation overcompensating for the fact that we had to work for what we had. Many of them probably resented the fact that they had to work for their car and want to be able to give one to their kid to "save them from the pain". I wish they realised that it is not helping to build any real character in their child.

Kudos to all the 16 - 20 year olds in the network who have earned the right to own/drive any car, let alone the SVX we all love! You are truly the future of this country.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.

Last edited by CigarJohnny; 07-16-2004 at 12:12 PM.