View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by UberRoo
So when I have to pay an inspection fee because I bought wider tires, can I send the bill to you?
Nope, but if you can afford wider tires, you can afford the inspection. I don't know about your area, but here, off-registration inspections are only $15. At registration, inspections are included in the registration price. I cringe every time I see a car with the tires ompletely outside the wheelwell because it is "cool". I can only imagine what would happen if they have to move the steering wheel in an emergency situation. Not all people have the common sense that you do and I don't want them modifying their cars without being checked.

Quote:
Did I somehow miss the part about how our current laws prohibit lights that glare and affect oncoming drivers?
Apparently you did. The current laws actually ALLOW glare to reach the oncoming driver's eyes. With old filament bulbs, it was a non-issue. With new technology, beam patterns and test points need to be rethought.

Quote:
I'm angry that I can't ride my motorcycle without a helmet. I don't wear it because the law requires that I do, but rather because it's the smart thing to do.
That is a state law. In Wisconsin, land of Harleys, we have no helmet law. Then again we also have higher fatality rates.

Quote:
I'm angry that I'm now forced to wear my seatbelt. I wore it before there was a law, but I'm furious that my personal freedom would be infringed in such a bold and blatant manner.
If you already wore them, then what is the big deal? If they make a law saying you must breathe, why should you care?

Quote:
It concerns me that someone might actually ticket an adult for crossing the street without the assistance of a timed light.
That again is the law in your area. In Milwaukee, you can cross anywhere along the street. It is only jaywalking if you are in the crosswalk against the traffic light.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker