View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Look, I won't debate whether or not the Neon does well in autocrossing or other forms of SCCA racing. I know it does.

But as for the Neon being 'ultra reliable,' I'm gonna have to contest it. Since you're big on documentation and proof, ca$h (which I fully respect), here's mine.

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/...lder_id=113261

I apologize for the obscenely long link.

Please, if you have any proof that the Neon is 'ultra reliable,' I'd love to see it.

But (with the very few exceptions noted in this roundup) I don't think any American compact can hold a candle to Honda, Toyota or Subaru.

You can all have your j-bodies an Neons. If I want a compact, I want it for economy. GM and Chrysler don't even enter the picture, in my opinion.
No offencse there, but the information in that link is rediculous, as all consumer reports info is. The Ford F150 is not a rliable truck. My sister had one that accumulated a number of problems, including water and oil mixing inside the engine as well as transmission problems. Both were replaced and the truck still didn't run right. After 4 breakdowns at low milage, they decided to get rid of it. They upgraded to a silverado 1500, listed under the unreliable cars section, which has proven to be a much bettter truck. I'm not taking sides, nor do I meen to deviate from the current argument, but just to let you know, consumer reports Doesn't provide very accurate information.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 09-06-2002 at 12:57 PM.