View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 12:44 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe 90

I bought the car 3 years ago (lease return) and it was working perfectly (couldn't spin the wheels even on gravel!). Then, is slowly started.... At first, the delay was very small but it kept growing. Meanwhile, the tranny started slipping so I had it rebuilt.

I explained the problem to the tech and he looked at the transfer case section closely and found no defects.... He say that the problem comes from somewhere else. So yesterday, I changed the VSS with no improvement. Now, Should I change the duty solenoid??? The TCU??? or...???

Is there a way to reset the TCU? 'cause the it gives me no trouble codes.... maybe resetting...
Joe, there's a procedure for reading stored codes (from previous problems). I have the procedure at home, or, if SVXcess comes along, perhaps he can post them -- or someone else, if they have them. Sorry. I feel so helpless. The thing about it is, the TCU will only tell you if a problem is electronic. If the problem is mechanical (which is my guess), it will not give you a code. The only time an electrical problem code will not show up, is when the unit in question is just within tolerance -- causing the part to malfunction due to inefficiency, but, still telling the TCU that it's "within tolerable limits."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI