View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up

Once again the true spirit of this group has shone through to exemplify the fact that SVXers are more than just a group of car freaks. As some of you know, the trusty drywall screw that became a fixture in my rear tire for over six months, finally got de-screwed & took all the air with it about 10 miles south of Morgantown; forcing a sweaty ordeal with the "donut". While the donut is real cute & non-directional, it ain't much for a rally.
As I was sobbing uncontrollably by the fact that I was doomed to motoring oblivion on THE DAY, one of our members came to the rescue.
Warren & Sandy (SJLWEL at Yahoo) insisted on driving all the way back to their home, 30 minutes away, picking up a spare tire & THEN offering me their 2nd SVX to drive on the tour!!!
I declined on the generous offer to drive the spare SVX, but the spare tire was a real aggravation saver, since I was looking at 100 mile plus return trip on a donut. I can't say enough about their generosity. Oh - & thanks to Rufus for letting me take the tour in his car. (Warren, your back seat was nice LOOKING, but uhhh....). Sorry for all the spilled coffee, Rufus, but I'm sure my navigation skills more than made up for the debris I left behind. I think we only made six U-turns all day.

Thanks again to all who helped make ReadingIii a success.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.