View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 AM

Re: thinking about this car.... any help?

(To the original poster: I hope you and your girlfriend are doing well)
I drove my very nice, for-sale-here, Teal '92 to the Lombard, IL dealer's lot on Saturday and saw (only) this not-very-nice Ebony '97. The dealer had two rows of very nice cars in their front lot, but I found the svx in the back row of two stacked rows in the back lot. I didn't have a lot of time, but I had zero interest in driving the car after seeing it anyway. I took some photos of the body which is what was not very well-represented -understandably- in the photo link we have from the OP. The interior looked as good as the dealer's shots show. On the other hand, the passenger-side rear quarter panel was about the only body part that looked good up close. The car's been painted and you can judge this for yourself in the photos. Besides the rust and other imperfections on most of the panels, the driver's-side door did not look flush. The vehicle may be perfectly safe to drive, but the look did not inspire this driver to risk. Photos will be available at the following link for a short period. (FWIW and if anyone is interested, the dealer has an especially-nice (100+K) 2005 Shinka RX-8 on its front lot.) (DISCLAIMER and admitted bias: I have purchased many used cars in my lifetime, but have never purchased one from a dealer. The only ones I have considered are those with a documented history of having been serviced by the selling dearer.)
I'll have photos posted here for brief period: http://cid-aa3387189766dea2.photos.l...s?sa=670508561

Best shopping to all SVXers!!

Last edited by Rodolfo; 08-30-2010 at 08:11 AM.