View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:01 PM

Re: thinking about this car.... any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Absolutely not. You bought a 13 year old car and didn't check it out first. My SVX is very similar, if not worse. I'm not suing the 90 year old lady I bought it from. I'm very happy with the car!

In fact, I'm having a very hard time believing a judge sided with you regarding a car which you presumably purchased "as-is". I don't see any rust in those pictures which causes anything more than an aesthetic concern.

Cars in this area, for the most part, are at the end of their usable life after about 10 years. Of course, if the car is taken care of well, there are obvious exceptions. I sell cars for a living, and I drive 7 hours away to buy all of the cars that I resell. I learned quickly that local cars CAN NOT be sold to buyers on the west coast who don't understand what our cars are like, and as such have completely unreasonable expectations.

The definition of "rust free" is entirely different in Cleveland than it is in Las Angeles.
Is a little more complicated now with dealers advertising on the internet. The time that you people could lie like a dog and say "prove it buster" is over.

The car was advertised as:
1. No issues. (The tracking was binding up when the transport driver picked it up)
2. No rust.
3. Satisfaction guaranteed.
The car was advertised all over the internet.
That constitutes a federal crime.

Fraudulent wire bank transfers are also a federal crime.

As-is constitutes as-advertised with the internet.

A friendly suggestion... careful, even though you obviously are not an established dealer with a physical location, web site, etc. What goes around comes around.

It ended up with a dealer that was anxious to settle the case with a full refund.

Keith