View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Superbeast

I'm baaaaaack! (R.I. to FL. and back)

Yeah, I know, I know....you probly didn't even know I was gone.

We (the family) drove down to Florida last Sat night, and took the long way to get there. We drove down Rt. 95 untill we got into VA. then we cut across to check out the caverns. I happen to notice this thing called the Skyline drive and Blueridge parkway on the map leading down to the carverns, so I drove them as much as possible. Nice drive but it seems the roads leading off of them were the really fun ones, I was really tearing up those poor RE92's on the Baja.

Now isn't the Dragon part of the Blueridge or some where neer it? I really wanted to drive the whole thing but it was taking WAAAAAAY to long with all the fog and traffic that day. So we had to hop off it and hit what ever major rt. was right there. From there we cut through the corner of S.C. where there seemed to be a cop every 5 miles with some one pulled over and another waiting for someone else. (not so fun). We then drove right through the middle of Georga and down to Orlando, not getting to our hotel room untill 12:00AM Tuesday. (These southern states are much bigger than them northern states)

We then got up later Tuesday morning to catch the bus to Epcot to begin 3 a$$ kicking days of trying to do everything in Disney in 3 days (hard) and then drove to Ft. Peirce for a day of rest at my wifes sisters house. We headed home from there around 12:00pm on Sat, stopped at South of the Border for dinner real quick and continued on home, rolled into the driveway about 11:00am today.

I like to drive, but 23 hours on the highway in cruise mode is not really driving, next time were taking a damn plane!

In my whole drive I saw 4 Bajas, 3 STI's, and 1 SVX........And I didn't see the SVX untill today in CT. when I was almost home. It's wierd how much less popular Subarus are past the N.Y. border. It seems the populer vehicle in FL. is any huge SUV or crewcab P.U. with at least 24" wheels on it There was one lifted F350 on the FL turnpike that must have had like 30" or bigger wheels on it. They looked rediculous, I didn't know you could even get a wheel tire combo that big.

So anyway thats my story, I should be going to sleep now because the BAJA........not so comfy to try and sleep in. Oh my neck!!
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!