Thread: how fast?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 11:07 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX

Smoke at 135? Did u see it in your rear view mirror? Because I can't imagine seeing it in front of me at that kinda speed...
I saw it in the back, because when I first accelerated from about 95, the Celica was behind me, and I could see the smoke in the light from his headlights. Can't tell what color, but I'm guessing gray. I wasn't too sure if it was smoke immediately when I saw it, but when I got to my destination, smoke was coming out from the hood. I've been having some problems lately with smoke.. can't tell if it's engine oil leaking and burning on something hot, or tranny fluid leaking. It's only happened after I got my tranny replaced, and it was low on some engine oil and tranny fluid when I got it checked out. Topped it off, and now I'm getting smoek again. Granted, I took it on a 6-hour, 340-mile trip before it started smoking again, but I don't know. I was hitting the gas a little hard, but not WOT, when I started getting the smoke. Every time I ring out the car, I seem to get smoke now... Grr....