Old 07-22-2001, 01:51 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Tranny workshop manual, part numbers

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Joe, I think I may have said what you think I said, but I may have been mistaken too

I've found that most parts people are fairly competent, if you know what you want and can describe it in detail. However my Irish friend, if you call the good ol' US of A and tell them you need parts for yer box, well, you're going to have a bit of trouble.
Hi Eddy

You could have been right also. It stands to reason they would update the book[I mean the MF's or whatever with the exploded drawings] when newer models had different parts updated and changed. We all know too well the number of changes done to the autobox to improve the problems.

You are so right about my problem in getting parts from here in Ireland, one of the reasons I would like a full workshop manual and list of part numbers. I have both for my Matra Murena, a car of French origin, so I can get 95-98% of parts I may need from UK or Paris, even though that car is '81, 10 years older than the Subaru that is so difficult to get information on.

With my brother in the trade, I agree with you about parts managers. If you know exactly what you want, somebody somewhere will do a little research and come up trumps for you. I always tip those guys when they do the little extra to see you fixed up.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl