View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: 25th Anniversary ROOMS BOOKED Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Talked to the hotels today. Bre Calloway checked the list to give me an update.
Percentage of rooms left: 100%

The hotel gave us 40 rooms per night and NOT ONE is spoken for... and only 99 days (14 weeks) to go. Subaru has asking questions so they can make their plans, and its embarrassing not to have answers.
First off, John, I appreciate the effort you've been putting in to post information about the meet, and trying to keep track of people who will attend.

As you saw a few posts back, Earl said he made a reservation at the Hampton back in early November. Since Bre isn't seeing that, something is wrong. Perhaps the reservation is not flagged as being part of the SVX group? Might that be the case for other people too?

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is looking at the dozen+ other nearby hotels for a lower rate. Some people may search even farther away, or at non-hotels (Airbnb, traditional B&Bs, camper sites, etc.). So it may be unwise for anyone to base plans on reservations logged at just the two "official" hotels.

In my case, I definitely plan to go, but I don't even know what car I'll use to get there (or if I'll decide to fly).