View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil
The coil packs are directly fastened to each of the spark plugs.

The harmonic balancer is bolted to the front of the crankshaft, it's the metal 'wheel' in the center front of the engine that drives the accessory belts.

Good Luck,
Dan
I replaced 4 of the spark plugs today (the front 2 on both sides of the engine, the old ones sure look like they needed changing), and will replace the back 2 tommorrow when it is brighter outside. After changing the 4, no improvement at all, so im goign to assume that it is either the harmonic balancer or the coil packs. So 2 questions:
1: The bolt on the harmonic balancer is HUGE, and I dont have the proper size nut for it. Can anyone tell me what size it is, so I can go and buy the proper size nut?
2: Where would I be able to get coil packs from? Also, are you guys talking about cutting off the old pack, and splicing in a new one, or are you talking about replacing the entire wire? If I have to change the entire wire out, will I have to remove a bunch of stuff to get at them? I have replaced spark plug wires before on my old Dodge Intrepid, but that had alot more room under the hood to work.