View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 10:55 AM
SVXtra

Weebitob:

Patience is the key word with regard to new diesel engine technology in the United States. I am betting numerous manufactures are waiting to test and evaluate the new U.S. mandated ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel [ULSD] to appear here in 2006 before they bring a entirely a new generation of diesel engines to market. Mercedes recently released a new world class diesel engine here and more will soon follow. Toyota, Honda, VW and others have a whole new generation of powerful, clean, economical and extremely reliable diesel engines on there drawing boards. Of, course, the jury is still out on Toyota and Honda sending diesel Corolla's and Accord's to America. But, as you well know the dynamics and the need for fuel efficient cars in the U.S. is changing rapidly as the cost of gasoline increases. And I'm sure many here are aware of the fact that it is far easier and cheaper to refine diesel fuel than it is regular unleaded gasoline. I predict that in three to four years you will see a new generation of diesel engines in America powering everything from large SUV's to 60 mpg economy cars.

Last edited by SVXtra; 09-23-2005 at 09:01 PM.