View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by michael

What is minimum wage over there? I may have a move in my future
Minimum wage of $/month 250. but mechanics over here get paid for work done not on an hour basis... you make a deal with him to replace the engine or tranny or....for a certain amount. replacing both cost $100 but insisting on a discount you can get it done for $75. I am doing my mechanical things for free, because we own a shop where a mechanic works for his benefit while fixing our cars for free. he works there without paying any rent fees. over here mechanics are poor people, and this guy has 3 babies to support, so it was a deal...

In the states you are worried about labor costs, over here it's more like parts costs. A professional paintjob costs over here a maximum of $1700 (the guy is a thief, but real professional paintjob) and a minimum of $200 (low quality, used by used cars dealers). I got mine painted for $1350 along with the fiberglass kit...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.