View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

So ya think I can box it underground huh? Never thought of that. I guess it would be just as weather proof then.

I'll do it right. We paid to have the whole house done when we moved in. Went from a 60amp box with knob and tube wiring to a 200amp box before doing anything else. Problem was it was winter so they couldn't dig a trench for new wire and conduit to the garage. If I'd run conduit now. I'd have to go under our back slate deck (which I'm gonna redo when I do the garage). I'd also have to end up cutting it out as I'm enlarging the garage slightly when I do that. The garage is about 60 feet from the house so it would be a rather long trench to dig and would tear up the yard an extra time. Was gonna do the garage this summer but just spent all that money on our basement tiles. Bar comes first I guess. I'm just looking for a year or 2. It has its own fuse so that isn't a big deal. 100amps??? What are you running in your garage that you need 100amps???