View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 10:02 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Re: Where's the money???!

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewinder
So, today as I pulled into my low-paying crappy job, I was bombarded with a thrill. You see, my dream car is a Saleen Mustang, but Cobras are nice too. There was a 1996-98 Cobra Mustang parked in the lot, and taking up two spaces! Due to the fact that this company does not reward their employees with Benjamins, I figured this was some Exec's car.

As I went inside, I began to chat with a former boss and friend of mine. I brought up the car, and the terrible parking job. Just as I was finishing my rant, some kid, no older than 18 came up there and told me that he's the owner. I probably asked him if he was lying three times, but he said it's his. I questioned him about the car, how he got it, how he affords it, and where he learned to park.

Suffice to say, the car is a 1998 Cobra coupe with 93,000 on it. He said the car belonged to a Big Ten referee who used it to travel between schools hence the milage. He said he only paid $8500 for it.

Naturally, beyond my envy, I wondered how this kid, who should be microwaving cheeseburgers at McDonalds could afford car payments and insurance for it. Aside from that, what the hell?! I am very upset about this. Sorta. I mean, my first car had like 145 hp and his has like 305 hp. Anyway, I am happy with my SVX but I mean... jeez!!!
The SVX is my first car, it has 230hp, I paid for it in cash, I pay for/do all the repairs including $2700 for a trans last year, and I pay all the insurance/registration bills. I also usually park taking up two spaces while I'm at work at Wal-Mart (I even have a parking ticket to prove it). You wanna make something of it?

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300