View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Parting out built motor

It's with a lot of regret that after 5 years of ownership, I've yet to drive my SVX more than 10 miles. I'm tired of paying insurance on it to sit and rot, so I'm strongly considering picking up a stock motor at the junk yard, dropping it in, and getting it finally moving (hopefully). That leaves me with what to do with the built motor.. I can go through it and work on it over the course of multiple years like I did last time I guess.. But if anyone here is interested in seeking their own turbo dreams, then maybe I can help you out instead.

I would need to go check around the garage and notes to see what all I've got for sure, but some big ones are:

- Hydra EMS with wideband. Never used, though some minor tubing/pastic t connectors could be missing.
- Custom made 8.5:1 forged CP pistons, from Toms old car I believe
- Eagle H beam rods and ARP bolts, bought new.
- The timing belt and pulleys are new
- Brand new an unmodified stronger WRx engine mounts.. Its been so long I forgot what these are called. Have the used beefier Transmission mount I may or may not keep.
- Water and oil pump are new
- Bought new ACL bearings, dont know if those are reusable or not.

I also have all the stock pistons and rods that came out of it still, and a second spare motor taken apart that has everything put the intake thats available for additional stock parts.

Of course, if there is any interest for the whole car as it sits (with the 5 speed conversion kit, 05 WRX transmission, new clutch, aftermarket wheels, etc), thats something else we can discuss.

If there is an interest in any of these, let me know. If I have buyers lined up I'll make some time to pull the motor out and break it down.

Last edited by STeeL25T; 12-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.