View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: Who maintains the wikipedia thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Another thing about Wikipedia is that they have incorrect specs regarding the 1992 SVX top speed. I tried to edit it to the correct number (154 by all accounts here), but every time I change it, some person always chages it around... first to 139, then to 143, then to 145 etc etc. After every attemp to correct this, this person is right on it, changing it again after less than 24 hours and referring to some article in Top Speed magazine or something like that.

Going to the discussion page, my last attempt was followed by my assertion that the persons most likely to have the correct information is the members of the largest online forum of SVX enthusiasts, here. Those guys seem to think that the ONE magazine article that they read has the correct top speed for ALL model years (143mph ). I stopped trying, because its obvious that these guys have nothing better to do than be wrong on Wikipedia, and for some reason watch the SVX page like a hawk.
I hate Wiki purists like that. They don't even have the cars and then reference some random magazine forgetting that a lot of magazines are wrong.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi