View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
RED '97 SVX LSi / Pearlie '92

The stories behind my current SVXi:

"97
I went back to the Herndon dealer where I bought the '94 SVX and talked to a salesman there in 2000. I told him that I really wanted a '97 SVX (color did not matter) with low mileage. Obviously he indicated he would look for one. Then fate came into play. "Maria the Speednut" on the network had been having some work done on her SVX at this particular dealer and knew this salesman. Long story short, she was talking with him one day on the phone, and he mentioned he had a customer that was looking for a low mileage '97 SVX. She told him she had just found out about a RED SVX at a PA dealer. Turns out that the dealer was selling it on consignment for someone (a doctor and his wife), and car had ONLY 9,000 miles on it. My dealer got in touch with that dealer and the rest is history. The car was in near perfect condition - so good the PA dealer had it on his showroom floor with all the new cars. I had to pay top bluebook on the car, but I have never regretted it. I now have 76K miles on it and have had no issues with it even though I have autocrossed it and put it on a number of tracks for track days. I love the car and will always keep it.

'92

Last Dec 06, a neighbor of mine made me aware of a Pearlie sitting in front of a country garage (in the middle of nowhere near West Virginia). We went to look at it and talked to the owner of the garage. The car belonged to his wife and the transmission was bad (would not shift into 3rd), but the car was in very good condition inside and out even though it supposedly had sat outside for two years. It had new brakes, timing belt, water pump, etc, but obviously needed some cleaning up. I paid the fellow half what he was asking and "drove it home". After leaving some coin at SVXFILES, I have an excellent running SVX to include a modified exhaust - SVXFILES, BTW, does excellent and reasonable SVX work. I would recommend him to anyone and have. No one other than Tom will now touch my SVXi. BTW, the '97 wil see more garage time now, and the '92 will be used for the track and autocrossing..............

Harry (loving life in an SVX!)
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx