View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Here's my story re my "first" SVX, which was a '94 Laguna Blue, L Model, FWD.

My wife and I were looking for a car for "her" at the Oldsmobile / Subaru dealer in Herndon, VA in late '95, where we lived at the time. While looking at the various Olds, which my wife did not like, we passed by the beautiful '94 SVX. It had been on the lot for a year and had 700 miles on it (demo drives and sales people taking it home, etc.). I commented to the salesperson that I had always loved that car and in fact had visited their lot in '92 when they first arrived and drooled over them. Her comment was that they could really make a good deal on this car since it had been on the lot so long. I said it would have to be a REALLY good deal cause I could never afford one. Long story short, we never bought my wife a car that day, but I bought the SVX (I was also in the market for a car since my company car was "going away). The deal? On this $29,900 (sticker) car, they offered it to me for $19,900, with a 100K mile warranty, and the installation of a spoiler (at that time a $350 option). I said, Let me think about it - OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! there was a split second delay there. No more!!
I put well over 100K miles on the car and gave it to my youngest son when I acquired the '97 RED LSi in 2000 (another story later). Unfortunately, my son in a year or so was involved in an accident and totaled the car. But the good news is that I still have 1/2 the car in my basement - I sold the engine and trans to a fellow in Alabama for more than I paid the insurance company to buy the car back from them. BTW, my son acquired a '96 SVX LSi to replace the '94, but alas, that one was totaled too (again, the accident was not his fault). He is now driving a Mazda 3 (great car!!).

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx