View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 07:28 PM

Registered SVX
Re: I am ready to blow this car up. Won't start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
There is definitely a switch. It is one of those rectangular switches with the little metal arm that pivots on the one end attached to the rectangular housing and has a tiny button/plunger under the metal arm which is connected to the switch inside the housing. A lot of people use these as interlock switches on the enclosures of dangerous equipment like high power lasers. It looks like it gets depressed when the selector is in park and the button on the gear selector is not depressed. In other words, it gets released as soon as the button on the gear selector is pushed in. It is depressed by the metal pin that rides in the metal track as you move the gear selector through the gear selections.

I don't think it matters for this discussion. I was just curious.
You have described a typical off the shelf micro switch and my car did not have one and I can find nothing showing it in the US electrical wiring diagrams I have. Could it be an add-on and the cause of your trouble ?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!