View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Thumbs up Freelance Subi-testing

My wife did some testing on the Out-black last week.
As she was parking , her foot got caught in the floormat, and she accidently tapped the gas. Well, as we all know, when you 'tap' the gas on a Subi, it GOES, NOW!! She struck a traffic light control box, and the foot hit the gas harder! The traffic box crushed, tore loose from it's base, and yielded to the onslaught. Next, there was the fire hydrant...that the Subi centerpunched! As the debris field was cleared, the 'investigating officer' was surprised that the car had sustained only minor scratches on the bumper cover, a hole about 3" in diameter from the fire plug ( that was pushed 4" ) also in bumper cover, and a sliced sidewall on a tire from the crushed control box. The damage to the car will cost under $400. The damage to state property will be MUCH higher!
Wife was stoved up for several days, but since has made a full recovery.
Subi was back in service within an hour. ( I asked her if she understands NOW why I only buy Subi's?) She said "YES"!!

I have been using an 89 GL hatchback to haul the firewood in this year. It is strictly 'off road', and has been modified a tad. wheel wells are cut out, and it will soon be wearing 15" mudders. It will push out 4" trees with ease! It holds enough wood that I can fill it 4 times, and have a load for my 3/4 ton GMC. (The GMC won't FIT where the wood is). The car will go places that a 4 wheeler won't! I can back right up to the wood, so I don't have to carry it. Life is good!
My grandson was with me saturday, and we made some NEW roads. He was impressed!
Jerry
Ben, Whats with this HILLCLIMB thing? I might have to start a new 'addiction'
( see above!)

Mary here..wifey of subi-crosser...if you are wondering why the pics are under the file of house....because when I took the pics and downloaded them I was traumatized by the ultimate stupidity I was feeling at the time of the accident. All I wanted to do was get those pics in to the computer, and the next best file was house. Now, on to the show..this is it....

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 11-27-2006 at 06:58 AM.