View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
Hay Huck, did you mean 2.5L DOHC on the Outback?

Speaking of projects, what ever happend with that JDM motor you were getting.

Glad your family is OK, and at least it was only an OB sport. There all over the place, altho an SVX and an XT is not a good combo for a big family.

Uhh... what Nubs said , no really, I didn't realize they made a 2.2 with DOHC, till I looked at that 96 Outback today

And I don't know about where you live, but around here ANY Subaru is a rare sight, I've got the only SVX in my county and there isn't more than 4 or 5 OBSes around, and probably less than 20 Outbacks, a handfull of Legacys and older gen Subies....haven't seen a running BRAT around here for years.

I got the JDM Turbo motor and auto tranny(ended up being out of a JDM Turbo Legacy, not a WRX) I kept the auto tranny (has the extra clutch pack like the SVX tranny) but lower gears, I haven't checked them but they should be the 3.90s(but might be the 4.11s), I kept the tranny as a spare for the Outback Sport, but I sold the motor, as I couldn't afford all the extras it was going to take to put it into the XT6

So if I get a manual Legacy, I might have a under 40k JDM auto tranny for sale , or I might try to find a SVX needing a tranny for cheap and fix it up....who knows....
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"