View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:59 AM

Registered SVX
Re: How To Do the Bosch Relay Mod???

Because it may assist anyone interested, I will correct the error, in spite of baited sarcasm.

The SVX starter assembly is not complicated and is as exactly illustrated in the manuals.

There is a clear difference between this, and a more ambitious system, claimed as applying in respect of the SVX. It is necessary to correctly interpret the two applicable drawings. This is where confusion has occurred.

The simple arrangement as per the manuals and used in the SVX, has two integral coils, or a single tapped coil, forming a series circuit, with each separate inductance arranged in the same order of polarity. The pull in section is likely to be wound in heavier gauge wire, in order to carry the more substantial current involved.

In order for the claimed more complicated arrangement to work, two coils must be provided, but these can be wound on the same former. The two coils facilitate connection in opposing polarity. The drawing previously submitted is not correct and wrongly portrays the electrical function described.

The valuable site kindly submitted, clearly outlines the different arrangements involved. It will prove of great assistance to any members dealing with the SVX starter.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-12-2009 at 04:01 AM.