View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Other Subaru:
story begins over a year and a half ago with my BRAT. maybe 2 years ago. Was coming home and it got really noisy. Was the front header gaskets to the manifold.
replaced the gaskets were blown out. that quieted the thing up, but not really much a daily driver, just go down the street and back mostly.
Tried to go out of town again, and couldn't get my speed up. nothing coming out the back muffler for air.
Cut off the muffler. Got some air, drove a little, then nothing again, cut more off. cutt everything off after the y pipe, including resonator. Pretty good for a while, but lots of rattling sounds.
Notice the cat is self destructing and leaving little bits of black charoals on my driveway (heavy platinum chunks)
good, everyting is breathing.

But, the dreaded saga continues.
rock Auto, no muffler. No biggie, I will order the midpipe. Go to rock auto, discontinued.. Go to Ebay with part number. Order the midpipe. Place I ordered from canceled the order, out of stock. Wait for paypal refund. get refund, find another place, order it. they contact me and cancel the order. Wait for paypal refund. Go to Amazon. Order the part. Order canceled.. Then Amaozn has it listed drirectly at Amazon warehouse. Order it, says order will be shipped 2 months out. Wait a month and a half, nothing. So I cancel the order.

Nothing available for the BRAT.
Talk with a buddy, he says put EA82 exhaust on it from a GL wagon 87 ish. Find the muffler on rockauto, walker direct fit 48 bucks. Take my change order it, Find the magnaflow stainless midpipe but not at rock auto, nothing there. Find it at a few places including Summit Racing. order placed.
Thursday FED ex dropped off the muffler (also got a muffler for my RT4wd (only 2 left and soon to be same discontinued scenario)
Got the delivery of the midpipe Saturday.

Put BRAT backend on jakstands. Push the muffler up there. Clears the hitch, clears the bumper, clears the axle and control arm. But the hangers are all WAY OFF. unbolt the stuf of my old midpipe from header. Push the nice stainless magnaflow up there, and botl it up. Bolt the muffler to it at the back. No hangers line up, but she is up there. Going to either hava. hsop reweld new hangers, or use some bailing wire and try myself.

So a EA82 exhaust, can work for a Ea81 brat.....just don't expect perfection.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K