View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Them pearlies just keep comin' back to me

As most of you know, I sold my pearlie 3 years ago after I bought my 96 Polo. I thought of keeping it and saving it for my son when he turned 16.

Now he is almost 17 and we have been looking around for a car for him. Through a stroke of luck I found one, or THE one, without too much searching. It was under my nose all the time, but I didn't know it was available...

So today I took possession of an absolutely beautiful (even by my standards) 1992 pearlie with spoiler. It has 155,000 on the odometer, garage kept and used on weekends and evenings for the past five years. Always detailed using Zymöl Carbon on the roof, trunk and wing, and Japon on the rest of the body (including the wheels, which are from a '95) and Zymöl on the interior. Mods include: JDM hood badge, Konis at all four corners, K&N filter, Optima Redtop battery, battery/ground wiring upgrade, 35% tint all around, Pioneer DEH-P8000R over MDS-P7000 (AM/FM/CD/MD), PPi carbon fiber 6.5" mids w/Titanium tweeters, Pioneer 6 x 9's in the rear, slotted cad-plated front rotors, Viper alarm system and more.

New brake pads, alternator, mass airflow, plugs w/ Bosch Platinum +2's, A/C compressor (retrofitted with r134). Car has also had water pump, steering rack, p/s pump and tranny replaced under warranty.

Not a door ding to be found anywhere on this baby. Is in as good a condition as the "SVXcess Pearlie". Many of you have seen it at the previous Reading meets and Lafayette.

Until this morning, the car was owned by Olu Davis (SVXit on the network). He wasn't driving it as much since he got his Audi A8 and he was also interested in acquiring a later model with less mileage. (So if anyone knows of a 97 Bordeaux Pearl, or maybe a Polo, with low miles, let him know.)

All maintenance has been done and all it needed to pass MD inspection was 2 rear tires. So for $388 I got 4 new Toyo Proxes4, mounted, balanced, taxed, and out the door.

Now that I have my digital camera I just finished uploading pics into my locker.
Here is a teaser... (That's my Polo hiding in the background)

Great car for a great price. The best $3500 I have spent in quite a while!

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 02-09-2006 at 11:58 PM.