View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
It was definitely good to see some other SVX's and chat with the owners. All in all it was a good time and the installation went pretty smooth...For the most part.

All I can say about what happened after everyone left is DAMN. DAMN DAMN DAMN. It is times like these that I wish there was no filter on this site. I would use some other choice words if I could.

Basically everything went very well until I got to the last strut. I had some trouble getting the nut off in the first place, but it came with a little convincing. After that, got the new spring on and upper mount and reinstalled the nut. Here is where the trouble started. I thought the nut was on all the way because it wouldn't turn anymore. I put everything back in the car and took it for a ride. Whenever I went over a bumpthere was a very loud CLUNK. Luckily I hadn't put the interior back in at this point. I proceeded to pull the strut, which took some time because the new camber bolts I put it were hanging up on the strut housing. After I got that off I noticed the nut wasn't down as far as the other side. It wouldn't loosen or tighten!!!! After much, much trying, the allen wrench part of the strut rod finally stripped out.

I ordered a new strut last night. Now I jsut need to figure out how to salvage the strut mount. anyone know if a new strut comes with a new nut and washer? Or where I can find the right one?

Well, I guess now I have at least one core to do Konis with....

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock