View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 10:42 AM

Running Smooth...but not quite there

Ive got a motor out of a wrecked '94 svx in an 86 vanagon. the engine is running smooth, idling where it needs to be idling, but doesnt seem to quite have any power until you get it into a couple thousand rpm

i have noticed that when i drive around town it has power but seems sluggish when its getting going, real comfortable around 35-45 but hard to accelerate without flooring it. on the highway it feels like it doesnt want to push past 50-55 and then you pass 4000 or so(tach is messed up) rpm and it runs like a champ - even throws you back in your seat.

i was getting a code 24 and 56, IAC and EGR, took both off and cleaned as per chilton manual. put everything back together with all new vacuum hoses and check valves. no more codes - but still doesnt seem to have any power

ive also done the "quick ecu dump" in case it was in limp mode - no change
pulled all 6 injector plugs 1 at a time and each one had siginificant impact on idling rpm - so all coils working and no dead cylinders.

The only thing i can think of next is TPS and maybe its not set right. ive tried to read the dc resistance across the circut but have had no real luck.

at this point i am stumped