View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM

Registered SVX
Re: alternator wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
I've got a core, and absolutely counted on sending it in with the RMA to be included. I wouldn't even mind sending it first. The car is grounded anyway, with a flat, as well as not being able to run more than a few minutes without draining the battery as flat as the tire.

I am not sure what turn-around time they usually have, but I'd wait a reasonable amount of time.

I think it is a bit odd that they charged my Paypal, and booked UPS, but not a peep from them about the backlog, even over the last two business days since I sent a message.

But I just received my new Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires this afternoon, and would like to have the SVX back in 'fighting shape' by the end of the month, which is why I started placing orders at the beginning of the month.

Because then the Legacy has to go down, and get it's new dampers and bushings installed. (which I am also thinking of tackling myself, too...) I have been putting off maintenance a bit due to money, and it all has to get done before winter.

Thanks again, for all the helpful information. I also took your recommendation on the littelfuse MegaFuse, and just got the 175-amp fuse today, and the fuse holder and large-gauge crimper came late last week.

I hope your modification is going well, too Gamesy. I completely understand about the budgetary concerns.
Thanks man, turns out its cheaper to get a local shop to upgrade the alternator, only reason being is i have to pay to ship it to texas which will run me like $60 so to save time and money i'm just getting a local shop to do it.

Since i have another core does anyone want a reman or upgraded alternator?