View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: re: title

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
i find it odd that the bank does not have your title. typically, if something either a home or vehicle is financed, the bank holds the title until you pay the bank back the principle plus interest accrued for the loan. also if you financed it at the bank you should have paperwork that shows how much you took the loan out for and from the dealer some paperwork that shows how much you paid for down payment. always read those carefully. (we know how sleezy some car sales are). tag and title aren't very expensive. i think the title costs around 10-15 bucks per change and tag depends on the value of your car. my tag ended up to be like 50 bucks. gl to you.

Harry, because of the type of trasaction the bank only has the application for title transfer from the dealer. The dealer may or may not have actually filed for the transfer.. I'm waiting to hear from both the bank and the tax commision (7-10day before it is assigned to an agent!!! ) as to the actual status... I'm sure (now that I have talked to the orignal owner) my bill of sale and other documents will suffice in getting a title here shortly.... My bank has assured me that I do not have to worry for now... so ..... I won't...

PS... does anyone still have a battery drain problem....? My ABS might be acting up. My alternator also may have problems... I had a new battery on a charger yesterday until it read fully charged... installed it this morning and it started fine... but after a 10 minute drive to the coffee shop (5.00 for a latte???) I needed to use my booster pack to start the car again.... does this sound like a problem that anyone has had before... I've done a search for dead battery but haven't found anything I could relate this problem to yet... (I'll keep looking and then ask the Question in Q&A)
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .