View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 04:02 PM

No start issue & cracked timing housing... and starter

I've got 2 problems I need a hand with on the same car....

Problem #1
Looking for ideas on a 92 SVX I can't get to turn over. the car was running rough and was leaning towards an issue with maybe the coil packs- so was going to transfer them off a another 94 SVX with relatively fresh coils and new plugs and see how far that would clear up the problem. Now the 92 with the issues has been sitting for about 3 weeks in a garage in a WI winter and now when turning the key to start, it won't start. Up till now, that was never a problem with it. I can smell a bit of fuel and a fresh battery was put it. I can't get it to even 'bump start' to get the crank pulley off to even start digging into my other problem listed below....

Problem #2
The bottom of the passenger side of the timing belt housing that's attached to the block has a crack in it and alot of oil leaked out from there. One of the corners that a bolt passes through from the passenger side outer cover is where the crack is. I found this pic and it's #5 -> Cover cp-belt, no2 right hand part number: 13532AA002. Any way to get this back cover off to replace if I cant get the crank pulley off?

I'm in a catch 22 with these 2 probs- any ideas?

thanks! john

Last edited by Heat Seeker WS6; 03-11-2011 at 05:59 PM.