View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Driving in Style

Re: Shifting issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextse7en View Post
Hi Trevor,
Thanks for setting me straight,

In my case, a brake band adjustment was performed with no effect, then the TPS was set to .5v (from 2.3v), also with no effect, I then swapped the TPS with a new one - no effect. Then replaced the resistor behind the battery. My transmission feels new (it should, it is new)

As I was not scientific in my diagnosis (I did not, for example, revert to the old brake band setting, or go back to my old TPS) I cannot be certain that these other components did not have some small contribution to my problem. However, there was no noticeable impact on my transmissions behavior after each of these steps were completed. And a profound one when I replaced the resistor.

Could you point me to an informative article on the function of the resistor on transmission behaviour? How does it affect shifting abruptness (or lack there of) It is a common modification to remove this resistor to induce firmer shifts, and I can attest that it does just that in a very noticeable way.

Thanks,
Patrick
Anyone know what this magical resistor behind the battery looks like?!!? any pictures of it floating around here?

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD