View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Kiteless

Well you just got the car, so think about changing the spark plugs, check all your filters, and DEFINATELY change out your transmission fluid. While my car servived the power flush when I had my transmission fluid changed, I have been told repeatedly after the fact that the powerflush is bad for our 4EAT trannys. Especially for the older SVX's like the '92 think about installing an additional ATF cooler and the shift kit from www.smallcar.com. If you use the search you will find all kinds of info on those 2 crucal mods.

Also every car is different of course, but when I got my car the oil was really BAD. It was poop brown and had the consistancy of sewer water. I had them flush the whole oil system twice and then put full synthetic in it.

Oh it is also reccomended to use full synthetic in your transmission.

Hmm as for more info on your surging. You may want to run a few tanks of really good injector cleaner through it as well. After you do all those things if your check engine light is still on (it most likely will be) you can get a little tester to plug into your ODB1 port. It is just a peace of plastic that jumps 2 connectors to each other, and the (power or check engine) light will blink in series. I have seen ODB do it in 2 ways. Most cars have 2 code digits. so like 2 blinks then a pause, then 3 blinks would be code 23. The other way is that it will actually blink 23 times. I have never done this on the SVX so I do not know wich one it is.

I have learned alot about my SVX since I got it. Feel free to PM me and I can tell you everything that I have learned so far to maybe save you some head ache.

EDIT: Oh yeah. The 15K at the beginning seems to be normal, mine does that, especially if the weather in particularly cold.

- Jason
94' SVX-L 111,xxx Mi

Last edited by Kiteless; 08-26-2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something.